Saturday, November 13, 2010

An Open Letter to Allie Brosh

Dear Allie,

We've got an issue here.

You see, I've lost all sense of actually having a life of my own, and have been reduced to an internet–wandering lost soul.  (Interspersed, of course, with a few hours of Wii here and there.)  Anyway, my point is that I can only read the headline "A News Update, A Dramatic Montage, and a Video Animation" so many more times before I go insane.  The fact of the matter is simply that I (and I'm sure I speak for other faithful minions here) am dying to hear, perhaps in excruciating detail, the engagement story.  That twitter post was like a mean advertisement for a show's season finale airing 2 months before you get to see it, only for there to be a writer's strike.

....Okay, that's a bit dramatic.  But I feel like I'm watching Christmas ads on TV and there's no snow yet.  WE MUST KNOWWWWWW!!!!!!!

Anyway, all melodrama aside, much congratulations.  If it strikes you, please address the subject of "boyfriend's" pseudonym.  Will it remain "boyfriend?"  Will it change?  Is this going to be like introducing Darrin #2 on Bewitched?

Thank you for your consideration in this pressing and urgent matter.  In the meantime, I will just keep hitting the refresh button on Hyperbole and a Half seventy-two times per minute until it changes.

Sincerely,

Matt Walton
( http://nothingcleverishere.blogspot.com )

(P.S.  I'm willing to negotiate a grace period extension due to your recent move.  I'm moving in two weeks and it sucks the most.  But once I'm unpacked, I'm going to assume that there will be a new blog.  The fine is assessed at  15¢ per day after this point.)

1 comment:

  1. 1) I just found your blog, and I'm a fan
    2) I know, right?! Why can't she just update her blog already! She was putting up two posts a week for a while, and now it is practically one a month. Sad day :(

    ReplyDelete